Saturday 29 January 2011

Week 88 - Saving nature

Morning all,
I know you have all come across things that weren't really designed as crafting items and thought "hmm, maybe I can use that for something, I'll save it for later". Well, now is the time to dig that stuff out and join this week's recycling challenge.


And... we are thrilled to have Letraset as a new regular sponsor.


Letraset are offering a set of the fabulous new Aquamarkers. AquaMarkers are a dual tipped water based, pigmented ink marker with the advantage of being water soluble. They can be easily blended, even when dried, giving the effects of water-colour paint but with the convenience of a marker. The water colour quality of the markers makes an ideal accompaniment to an artist's tool box, providing a clean and convenient alternative to water colour paints.

The DT have all used Aquamarkers on their work this week to demonstrate the fabulous colours and blending versatility of the pens.


So, dig through your drawers and see what you find and don't forget to write WHAT you recycled =).


It's the final week that Polkadoodles are joining us at our Guest Deisnger and this week Miria has created a lovely card using scraps of Polkadoodle papers, a clothes label and some recycled buttons.



HeleneI started with a paper bag I got when I bought some ribbon, and turned it into a frame and while I was on a roll I cut out some flowers too. The white doily I found under the glass in a hotel bathroom =).




(Red ribbon re-cycled from Christmas wrapping and Aqumarkers used directly onto stamps)



Debs

Recycled a gift card holder received at Christmas





Emma
Ribbon tabs recylcled form a chocolate box

Fleur
Tube from kitchen roll ~ flattened to make a wallet.
Image coloured with AquaMarkers



Kirsten

Ribbon Recycled from Xmas present,
Image coloured with Aqua-markers & Promarkes








22 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome ideas and love the dt cards! Beautiful!

CG said...

Wowza! Great projects!

crafty creations said...

Ooooooh I'm first this week !!!!!Might be back later with another one !!! The first one never wins with random .org lol - Brilliant work from the DT - thanks for looking at mine on my blog x Hilda

DesignerDiva said...

My new friend Lisa pointed me in your direction, what a great challenge

ribenaruby said...

It's amazing how much I save for 'laters'. Thanks for a really useful theme. Ruby x

Annette said...

Great theme, I'm always saving bits and bobs thinking they'll come in handy for a card later, and they usually do!!!

Rachel said...

Nice challenge and gorgeous DT projects.
Wedgie xxx

- - Sheryl - - said...

I am huge recycle re-purpose fan! Saving nature and reuse what we got! Great to do so on cards

Patty Sue 2 said...

Beautiful cards by the DT!

Pattie G said...

Great DT Inspirations! You are all so talented and creative.
Hugs ♥

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Great DT cards as always, Love the challenge this week, Hugs, Teresa
x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Enjoyed playing along so much last week...made time again to play along. Great theme!

sparklingblackrose said...

Thank you for this theme-I loved it :-) Great dt work :-) Elaine-xxx-

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Great challenge and DT inspiration!

Deanne :)

Ruthie said...

Loving this one - been ages since I played along!

Rx

Macpurp said...

always love a wee bit recycling!!!
great samples girls xx
Love teen xx

Spyder said...

Lovely challenge, my acetate was one a Promaker packet.
(Lyn)

Diane said...

This is my first time joining you but when I saw your theme, I had to have a go! My blog is all about economical papercrafting so I restrict myself to basic cardstock and everyday items... I have had a rummage through my salvaged stuff to find something I have NEVER used before.
Thanks so much for the fun and the fantastic DT inspiration.
Diane x

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Lovely challenge, thanks for the inspirations. Janny

Nicola said...

Thanks for the brilliant theme, love it! Well done to all the DT, such inspiration
Nicola xxx

Janice said...

Great challenge, & such a great prize. Lovely DT cards. Jx

THEBUZYBUG said...

Beautiful Creations! Bug Hugs :D